Saturday 14 January 2012

Stopping playing live

As a few of you may know things have been a bit intense lately, becoming a father and all that, taking on a full time job - its wonderful but it means your life needs to change. Something needs to stop.

So after the gigs this year I'm going to stop playing gigs with the solo stuff apart from the odd "special" - perhaps a few days of gigs a year or the odd festival, perhaps some gigs in the US or Europe.

I'm really looking forward to the gigs I have already booked :)

Being gig ready takes constant practice of the solo routine and at the moment I don't have time to do this and do The Fierce And The Dead as well. I love playing with the Fierce And The Dead and I really don't want to give that up.

One thing I really want to do is  do a live DVD of my solo acoustic set. We'll see. I really hope we can do that perhaps via Pledge music to fund it. Good idea?

There are a few more gigs coming up this year to finish things off, announcements soon.

Thanks for all your support.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kids change everything. And that's a good thing...

LodgeLion said...

This is a shame as I have always enjoyed your gigs. Live is much the best way to listen to music. However, kids are more important even than music so probably a sensible decision!

GuyManning said...

Still assuming you are doing the MET in June with us Matt :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails