Friday 1 July 2011

Fierce And The Dead - practice 1

We rehearsed. It sounded good, which was pleasing. We had a laugh. We remembered our friend Dan who passed away last year.

The Fierce And The Dead is my band project with Kevin Feazey and Stuart Marshall. Its been in the planning stages for about 18 months although I've been trying to get a band together for about 5 years called The Fierce And The Dead (if dig around on the web you may find some "odd" demos with different line ups pre Kev and Stu).

The album came out in May and sold really well, amazing really. We hit 1000 downloads quite quickly and entered the Bandcamp charts weird. Its very different to my solo stuff. Or perhaps not.

Anyway we're playing live soon - which is cool. Its weird for me being in a band again, I'm sure I'm irritating, I'm used to doing things my way and being in a band, especially one thats a real collaboration like this is always going to be a bit of a compromise. You can hear The Fierce And The Dead @

http://fierceandthedead.com/

Have a look :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaah, well, I'm glad you're playing. Your solo stuff has it's thumbprint on your TFATD stuff. Especially your Relic album. Even some of Ghost, but that's to be expected.

So glad you guys are doing well. It's great to see GUYS going out and doing it for themselves, thank you very much EMI.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails