Sunday 28 November 2010

Lessons learned from the BJH support gig :)

The BJH support gig at Islington Academy was really fun - great crowd, the BJH guys were ace and they really looked after me - I had shepherds pie and beer!!

Some stuff I learned:

Playing in front of that many people is a weird experience, its actually less scary than a pub as you can only see the first few rows due to the lights being on you.

Don't use the toilet in front of the Academy as the entire audience are walking out of the venue. Its never easy to meet new fans when "doing your business" :)

BJH fans are amazingly loyal to the band - people had travelled from Japan, New York and Germany - JUST TO BE AT THIS GIG. Brilliant.

The audience were really nice people, they really seemed to enjoy my set, from the people I spoke to. I noticed a few people watching that had been to other gigs I'd done - which is really positive. I had a chance to speak to a few people who had discovered my music online seeing me play live for the first time - I'm really pleased its reaching people.

A few months ago I thought I'd never play live again due to my back injury so doing something on this scale really meant a lot to me :)

This is Kev from the Fierce and The Dead - he helped me so much at the gig - thanks mate:

IMG_0123
Some Photos from the gig by Peter Marchant and Kevin Feazey and Me:
VID00022b copy156069_464640163643_15850653643_5782791_4855137_n


198894064
Backstage

VID00022c copyIMG_0148
156187_1472630057631_1290054245_31024628_3466428_s
I'm playing again on Thursday at the Millers in London with Furniture - I'm doing a longer set and its only £5 to get in - come down and have a beer :). On Wednesday I'm recording 2 more songs for album number 3 - thanks to everyone who has paid for my stuff and giving me the opportunity to make records.

If you want both my albums on CD for £8 - this is the last weekend to get them, order them here - due to rising manufacturing costs I'm going to have put the price up in December, frustrating but true.

See you all soon

Matt Stevens
www.mattstevensguitar.comB

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry not to have been able to be there to show my support Matt, but looks like you had a great time, learned a few new things and brought your music to the attention of a few (hundred) more people! Nice one!

BTW, that next gig "with Furniture" - not as in "Brilliant Mind"? That was a totally cash song!

TFATDHQ said...

Hi John

Thanks very much :) - nah Furniture is my mate Phill's Jazz Trio - its a bit worrying actually everyone seems to remember that 80's band rather well I shall have to tell them!!

rashid1891 said...

If you want both my albums on CD for £8 - this is the last weekend to get them, order them here - due to rising manufacturing costs I'm going to have put the price up in December, frustrating but true.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails